Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Less-Random Break

Betcha didn't realize that when I said, "random break," I meant it.

Did ya?

This time of year is not my favorite.

I get anxious and stressed and grouchy.

I spend two full months on the verge of a panic attack, it seems.

I am determined (but when I am determined, it means I become anxious, so...) to NOT do that again this year.

This year, I want to relax (at least to a degree beyond my norm).

I want to read a book in December.

I want to listen to Christmas music, and take leisurely drives through Christmas-lighted neighborhoods (if you are reading this, Ty, driving 35 mph down a couple roads will not cut it this year).

In years past, even though I AM Santa, I could not in good conscience put my name under 'nice.' This year, I want to change that.

I want to learn to like Christmas again.

So this blog will be taking a back seat during the holidays.

That means, two faithful readers, you will need to find a new hobby.

Good luck filling those three minutes/day!






3 comments:

Lena said...

perhaps you really meant what you said about taking a break...but I miss your blog! (and I don't even count as a "faithful" reader because I am so completely random...but I read every single entry eventually...promise...

Unknown said...

You are SO selfish!!! What about my comic relief during the holidays!! GOSH! (wow, I feel a bit Napoleon-like there). Now I'm going to be not nice too (okay, i'm not nicer because i read your blog....i just laugh...for 3 minutes. i'll survive---i think)

Michelle said...

I suppose a 15min break after 4 years of blogging will be ok.