Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hanging It Up

My blog must have somehow made it's way into the right hands, cause Ty is being released this Sunday from the 3rd ward bishopric! We will be hosting a party for any who can make it, shall we say 4:00, and burning the suit that has been a thorn in the side of fashion since 2004. I can't wait to attend that ward for the last time (I wouldn't miss showing my support of his release for the world) and FINALLY be able to have Ty attend church with ME (read: let Ty be in charge of the whole discipline during sacrament meeting ordeal that has been my sole responsibility for the past 3 1/2 years)! I know it sounds horrible, but YOU have never been to the 3rd ward, have you? We honestly thought long and hard about selling tickets to fast and testimony meeting there...it was pretty funny. That ward is not for the faint of heart, and many-a-young-couple have come once, only to disappear entirely off the face of the ward boundaries, falling prey to the siren song of student wards, parent's wards, Baptist wards...anything but THAT ward. While I am happy to be gone, it is almost sad (almost- not quite) because we spent such a portion of our married lives there. It was a baptism by fire into the world of callings, which was good experience I suppose, but I am excited to start fresh! By the way, thank you everyone for your words of encouragement a couple weeks ago when I was on the verge of insanity. I am a new woman now. Just watch, they'll release him as 2nd counselor and then sustain him as 1st...THAT would be what I get for complaining.

p.s. I know it doesn't sound like it, but I DO believe in accepting and fulfilling callings, but please let them be in the ward where your spouse lives (unless you happen to be serving in the bishopric of a student ward - heaven help).

3 comments:

Sharlee said...

Yahoo! Congratulations, your wish came true. I am so excited for you two to start your new life together in the same ward...finally. I love reading your blog--it is so very entertaining. love you!

Marianne said...

Hooray! I can't even imagine how releaved you must be! You made it to the end of that long road! I would have to agree with Sharlee...I also love reading your blog. It always gives me a good laugh.

Marianne said...

Holy cute background! It didn't look like that when I made my last comment. I love it! I'm already considering changing mine. I think I'm getting tired of it.