Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kid Tag

Rindee tagged my kids, so I'm tagging everyone who reads this: YOU'RE KIDS ARE IT!

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Saylor: I love you
Samera: shut up (after almost peeing my pants, I asked her again, and the answer was only slightly better: "be quiet". I guess my no-nonsense rule about garbage words has been compromised. I don't know when I said it, but she sure remembers it. Oops).

2. What makes mom happy?
Saylor: Hugs
Samera: being quiet (seriously, I guess I need to quit emphasizing the virtue of quiet, but if you knew Samera you'd understand)

3. What makes mom sad?
Saylor: Sometimes I don't come around you because I keep on playing with somebody and you miss me
Samera: Let Mera be gone

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Saylor: tickling me
Samera: tickles

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Saylor: she had curly hair, she looked different than she does as a grown up
Samera: me

6. How old is your mom?
Saylor: 28
Samera: 3 years old

7. How tall is your mom?
Saylor: That's a really hard one...probably 4 feet?
Samera: big as me

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Saylor: Play with me and Samera and Sylas
Samera: play with Sylas, just not me (she is ever-the-victim and takes every opportunity to be pitiful. You should have seen the dejected look and the little sniff as she said this. She's a drama mama)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Saylor: go on the computer
Samera: you hide

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Saylor: For being nice (I started laughing and asked Saylor if she was serious. Then I gave her a HUGE hug and tried to explain "famous"...she still didn't get it)
Samera: Jesus (apparently no one around here knows what famous means)

11. What is your mom really good at?
Saylor: writing
Samera: making stuff

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Saylor: working, like outside work (shoot, I was hoping no one would notice, but I guess the cat's out of the bag)
Samera: cheese (Samera hated this question and was getting annoyed that I kept asking her, after her repeated, "I DON'T KNOW", so she finally gave me an answer to get me off her back)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Saylor: watch over kids in our family
Samera: getting Daddy up

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Saylor: I do not know that. Um...tomatoes?
Samera: mac-n-cheese (perhaps because I make it every day for lunch...never mind that I don't eat it)

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Saylor: when she does her job
Samera: you

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Saylor: Sandy, because she's a girl
Samera: Cinderella, because you be a beauty

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Saylor: play games sometimes
Samera: play games, cards

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Saylor: we both have the same hair (except that mine is stringy and curly, and Saylor's is thick and straight)
Samera: brown eyes and brown hair

19. How are you and your mom different?
Saylor: we have different bodies
Samera: we just be the same

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Saylor: because I'm your child
Samera: because you really love me

Here are some things I learned about my daughters through this tag, or at least things that I realized even more than I already had. Saylor thinks and thinks and takes everything so seriously. Our interview lasted forever! She phrases everything in the form of a question, or at least adds an uplift to the end, like a question mark, as if to say, "is that a good answer?" I kept telling her that there were no "right" answers and that this was strictly her own opinions, but I could tell she didn't believe me. Samera, on the completely other hand, popped-off answers practically before I had finished the question. She is always so full of words that I think (okay, I KNOW) it's hard for her to keep them from spilling over. She gives no thought to whether or not something makes sense, or is polite. I also learned that I have somehow given them both the impression that I love them and would be sad if they were gone, so I guess I've done something right along the way, you know, between all the "shut-up"s.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

That is so cute! You can tell how much they love you and how much they know you love them. I'd try that with Noah, but I think every answer would be completely incoherent and would most likely have something to do with bugs.

Sharlee said...

Very funny Andrea. SO entertaining! I love this tag and of course if you check my blog you will see that I've completed the mission you gave me. It was sure an eye opener. I feel like an even worse mom than I did before.

Christy said...

Cute post! I liked learning more about your kids and how they are from this. You have adorable kids! I might try this with Madi but she might be a bit too young still and not give me any answers...we will see.