Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is Me, Putting a Ring on It

I have been in a bit of a funk lately. Things are getting me down further than usual, and activities I normally enjoy are seeming more and more contemptible (Hey, Paxil, want to buy ad space on my blog?). I think it's the weather. The elements are combining against me in an evil conspiracy to make my nose run and keep my extremities in a constant state of frigidity. My enthusiasm is solar powered, so I can't be blamed for being grouchy.

Or for not making dinner.

Although it could be because my taste buds are, once again, playing maniacal tricks on me. Ever tried being high on life when chocolate tastes sour and bitter? Yeah, it's not happenin'. Maybe my taste buds are solar powered, too...

So I am making a Like It list as a little treat for the feel-good receptors in my brain:

1. When my husband builds things. Especially chicken coops. And more especially when he hasn't shaved in a few days. Whit-woo, I say.



2. Old episodes of Arrested Development after the kids are in bed. What's that? You've never seen it? Shame.

3. Red coats. Apparently.



4. Relaxed Easter weekends. And honey-baked ham.

5. Happy Singin' Lettuce







*I wrote this post last week. I am feeling much better now, thank you. The Like It List must have worked. Try it.

9 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

I have been going throught the same thing. Maybe it is the season! In fact, I almost posted pictures of my house because it was so horribly neglected. Although, that would have probably thrown all readers into a deep, dark, never-to-return depression. It was scary. However, I took the pictures at about midnight and the next day when I loaded them onto my computer I decided I liked deceiving everyone into thinking I am a great housekeeper who always keeps her house spotless. :) Right!
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better! Those lists really do work!

Sawdust Girl said...

Oh, I don't have anything witty to say. Glad you're feeling better this week. Is the chicken coop finished and are your neighbors ok with it? Our HOA would kick us out! I could just house all the chickens in the playhouse. It's really too small for Maddie anyway.

Christy said...

I swear I go through feelings like that every other week! Glad you are feeling better too. That song was really cute!

p.s. Andrea you should really come and train for the half marathon with us...really.

p.s.s. Look at you... 22 followers! whoo-hoo!

Sharlee said...

Solar powered enthusiasm. I love it! That's the perfect way to describe the emotional roller coaster we all seem to be on right now. Glad you found some fun things to be happy about. That looks like one awesome chicken coop. Post pictures when it's done! Love you. HOpe you feel better this week.

Sawdust Girl said...

Well, I didn't wait for your response so I hope you don't mind. I just gave you a "Sunshine" Award. Check it out here: http://sawdustandpaperscraps.blogspot.com/2010/04/id-like-to-thank-my.html

Mardee Rae said...

I've been feeling the same sort of funk lately, too, but I thought it was just because you aren't posting much.

Michelle said...

I think I have the same virus as you for the past year. On occasion I have flare-ups of ambition. But sadly, I have been a gloomy mess of a wife whose activities and cooking have been waning. Maybe I should work on “Like It” list:

I like it when I crash my mom's and dad's dinner (Yes I am a looser 30 year old who still shows up to her parents expecting to be fed)
I like it when someone other than me cleans my house
I like chocolate (Unfortunantly)

That’s all I’ve got. ;o)

Michelle said...

P.S. Please add "I like Andrea's blog" to my Like-It list.

The United Statements of Merica said...

I love the video clip. And the clever title. I would make a list, but it would paint a terrible picture of me because it would say things like: When Reese takes a nap. Damian handling the morning routine and me coming upstairs just in time to have family prayer and take the kids to school. Girls night outs. Taking a good long time to fall asleep so i can be consciously aware of my inactivity.. get my drift? I must be in a funk too.