Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Ghost Decorator


This is what was waiting for me this morning in my bathroom. It made me laugh out loud. Samera is constantly drawing and cutting things out to tape up around the house. She does it all anonymously, never seeking praise or even encouragement. I think she is unimpressed with my decorating abilities, and thinks she can do better.


And she can. It took me a few minutes to discover the second bathroom ghost, on the opposite wall, next to the light fixture. Such a subtle touch. Notice ghost #1 is above the light switch (and in a huge hurry - or jumping hurdles?), while ghost #2 floats around the light. Coincidence? Probably not. Samera is very deliberate. I am sure she had a specific design vision - something metaphorical. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm working on it.

It makes me shudder to think how she got it up there. You should see the one in the living room. Yikes! (but it is sparkly, and includes a heart shape, so it was apparently worth the risk to life and limb)

What does it say about me that my five year old can decorate circles around me? Literally.



p.s. She also left a lime cola-flavored frootie on Ty's pillow.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is supper cute! She has a jump start on the Halloween season! Maybe she was trying to scare you with the ghost?!?!

Sharlee said...

That's really funny. She makes life exciting even when she's not there. What a cutie.