Monday, August 23, 2010

On A Tent and A Prayer



Yesterday in church I was suddenly struck by lightening. That's what it felt like, but really it was just a prayer. It was the realization that when a person stands and prays for the bishopric, and the entire congregation voices their 'amen', it is like hundreds of people praying for my little family's well-being.

Which overwhelmed me with gratitude. And faith. And courage.

Because with all those people rooting for us, what do I have to be afraid of?

(and why am I only now making this connection?)

I mean, Yes, we have felt better about recent decisions than we probably should.

And yes, at the beginning of all this (did I ever mention that Ty quit his job? No? Is anyone following this? No?), I made dramatic statements about how I would sell my house and live in a tent if it came down to it, if only Ty could belong to his family once again.

But, after contracts were hastily signed and two weeks notice was given, we went camping.

And it turns out, living in a tent isn't necessarily my forte. At all. In fact, it's so far removed from being my forte, that it might be the opposite of my forte. Whatever that is.

So, Chubbuck 9th ward: thank you, and keep praying.

You might be all that stands between me and certain death by tent.

And those of you who are not in my ward, or even members of my church: pray for someone.

You never know how comforting your prayer might be.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahhhhh. . .I will.

Sharlee said...

You guys definitely have the Lord on your side. No worries. (But I'll pray for you anyway). How is Ty's new job going anywho?

Sawdust Girl said...

For real? Did he have something lined up or is he doing the assisted living thing full time now? Or was that the job he quit? So many questions.

Amber said...

I might feel a bit more inclined to pray for you if he still wasn't working 18 jobs(ish). But I get it. I would make all sorts of promises I never intended on keeping (ie. giving up chocolate) if it meant bringing my husband home.

ps. I have a big back yard for you to pitch your tent in if that helps.

Stephanie said...

Ummm, piano? That's the opposite of forte. Thanks for the insight to prayers for the bishopric as Andy has just been called to our branch presidency. I'll be sending prayers your way.

The United Statements of Merica said...

ha ha stephanie. piano.. funny..

I'm praying for you! And it's like i told Lauren this morning when she walked in on me durring my workout with a horrified look on her face (the look you would give if you saw your innocent mother being tortured).. No pain no gain.