Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Kids Don't Know I'm a Detective


Sylas substitutes his own "oopsily" for the word "accidentally." I think it is adorable. And fitting.

He is in the bathroom right now, recovering from a nose bleed.

I think it's his first. He was pretty panicked over it.

I asked him what happened, and he told me he "bonked" his nose.

His answer was in the form of a question, with eyes shifty, so I instinctively knew something was not quite right.

As an adult, I am confused as to why children think they can get away with anything. Don't they know how transparent they are? How smart moms are?

Nope.

I was the same way.

Did I really think my mom wouldn't notice when all the chocolate chips mysteriously disappeared?

Yep.
Duh.

I pressed Sylas further.

Come to find out it's not too adorable when he leaves a trail of blood from one end of my house to the other because he oopsily picked his nose.

But I let him think I thought it was an accident.

Sometimes you gotta let your kids get away with something.



*photo credit goes to Saylor, her new camera, the marble Easter egg, and Valentine profiles that were still up at Easter time.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

That is so funny, and it is so true that kids think they're sooooo sneaky. How nice of you to let him think so just this once. I hope you were able to get the stains out of the carpet.

I don't know how I missed the last post. I confess I am a little jealous of that awesome schedule. You're allowed to brag about things every now and then. Although I don't like reading "perfect" blogs either. One of my favorite sewing bloggers posted a sewing oopsie, and it was awesome because now I know she's not perfect and I feel much better about myself. That is, until I read your blog. Thanks a lot!

Wow! 2 posts in two days. You are on a roll! Only 3 more to go...

You know I'm kidding, right?

Stephanie said...

WOW! This is like post overload - it's been fun. Yeah, Wes oopsily picks his nose all the time and gets bloody noses. It's gross and drives us nuts! A common phrase heard around our house is "NO NOSE!" It's usually followed by an, "I'm not!" But, you're right, you should let them get away with some things. (Hydrogen peroxide takes blood out, fyi.)

Stephanie said...

Oh, and no worries about the Easter decor. My door hanging is still Easter and I'm sitting here eating a chocolate bunny left over from Easter.