Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dollar Store Parenting


Sy is a good negotiator. Or something.

This morning I told him that I would take him to the Dollar Store to get some school books.

The ones with traceable ABCs so he can have some "schooling" like the girls.

He ate his breakfast and then asked me,

"Mom, when are we going to the Dollar Store to get me some candy and school books?"

Smooth.

Of course I automatically launched into my lecture about eating less candy, and he automatically pouted and told me,

"Fine. Then I'm not going to the Dollar Store with you."

OOOOOoooo. Burn.

To which I replied,

"Well, you don't have a choice, so too bad."

ZZZzzzing!

Man, sometimes even I am amazed at my awesome parenting skills.

And to think I've only been doing it for 11 years.

Take note, rookies.

Take note.







1 comments:

Sharlee said...

That was a pretty awesome reply. I'll have to try it (kiddiiiiing. I use it just about every day. It's real effective with my kids).

But you did end up buying candy ("hundreds of twix"?) just not at the dollar store. How did you explain that one to your sugar weaning child?