Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finding My Marbles


Last night I had every intention of writing.

I even downloaded pictures. A sure sign I'm serious.

But then I came home from a ca-razy night of running my children to gymnastics classes. I was tired, frustrated, and ga-rou-chy.

I am not a sports mom. Never have been. Never will be.

As soon as my children are home from school, I do not want to budge from the house.

I just want to make dinner, clean up dinner, get homework done, read stories, and get the kids in bed. Without feeling rushed. Without interruption.

Anything messes with my routine, and I lose a few marbles.

So I felt pretty depleted of marbles by 9:00 p.m. yesterday.

And all I wanted to do was whine to Ty about it.

While interrupting myself every few minutes to say, "And I need to go blog now, too!"

Finally, after listening patiently, smiling appropriately, frowning as needed, nodding, and trying to make out with me in between my flustered gestures and sentences, Ty told me,

"Screw your blog."

And it was all the convincing I needed.



3 comments:

Sharlee said...

I think Ty knows a few things about lost marbles. I would listen to him too.

Christy said...

LOL!!! My husband has told me (maybe not those exact words Ty used) the same thing.

Thanks also for not judging me for all my talk of...running, diets, children and labor and delivery. I am just THAT boring though. haha! :)

Michelle said...

Ha Ha! Thats funny! I am sorry you had a cra-zy day.