Friday, October 28, 2011

On Second Thought



Some pumpkins are for carving.



We have a tradition where we get together with Ty's brother's family to do just that.

Usually we go to a pumpkin patch first, but not this year.

(Cause we already had a bajillion free pumpkins, remember?)



This year the tradition goes like this:

Ty carves.


While I make apple cider donuts.


Then we take pictures of the pumpkins "our kids" carved,


light 'em up,


and try to stay warm long enough to see them glowing and spooky.


Then the wind blows them out and we go inside and put the kids to bed so we can start cleaning up the mess.

Yuck.

That's not my favorite part of the tradition.

Maybe next year I'll revise tradition to end with going inside and going to bed.

Now THAT is a tradition I could really get excited about.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Pumpkin carving really is the best (but I also wish we could do it without the mess), and I really want to eat one of those donuts! That just made me want to make donuts tonight...I think I will!

Mardee Rae said...

yeah, I thought painting pumpkins was going to alleviate some of the pain of mess-cleaning. It didn't. love the party pictures! it looked like fun! and your costumes were awesome!

Michelle said...

Mmmmm doughnuts! I haven't had homemade doughnuts since I lived at my moms!