Friday, April 20, 2012

Trash to Treasure: Wolverine



Tonight, Samera asked me what time she was born.

I felt like a horrible person for having NO idea.

I remember when Saylor was born (maybe because she was my first, her delivery is the one I remember the best: 8:30. Exactly 1 hour after walking through the hospital doors). Sylas, too (his is easy because it is just his birth weight, flipped: 12:06).

But Samera? That day is like a strange, blurry mess in my head.

So when we got home, I dug out my old journal to find that missing bit of history.

12:58 p.m.

That, my dears, is when Samera made her Earthly debut.

Like a person with a purpose, not to be changed by any outside force, she entered.

And she has been delighting, entertaining, and exasperating us ever since.

And I just spent the last two hours pouring over my journals, so I should know.

She was our ferral child.

And now, seven years later, she is a lot more tame, but every once in a while we see that wolverine glint in her eye, and we laugh.

Cause what choice do we have?




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me gusta!
michelle