Sunday, June 8, 2008

Behold, My New Furniture



Well, as you have guessed by now, I have no new furniture, nor will I have any time in the known future. Instead I am now part owner (but only by law, thanks to the bonds of marriage) of a truck far larger than necessary. It is a little ironic that we got rid of our last truck because it was more truck than we needed, only to find ourselves five months later with at least double the truck. In it's defense, it gets double the gas mileage of our last truck (don't ask me how that's possible, as the engine is twice the size). In it's offense, it gets half the gas mileage of the van and a third the mileage of the Camry. At any rate it's a truck, and now Ty will feel whole again, and the universe will realign. This is a direct quote from Ty (and I assume you all know him, which you don't, so you'll have to imagine his very facetious tone), "Things will be different now." As to what things, I am unsure, but I would like to assume that he means that he will be taking days off of work now to take me to exotic locations, or that our bank account will spontaneously produce large amounts of cash, but just to be safe I'm going to go ahead and assume that he means that he will be doing a whole lot more hunting and a whole lot less borrowing trucks from his brothers (which we have done a total of two times to date, but Ty would rather die than borrow anything - especially a truck). Anyway, as this was meant to be a short little post I will sum up with the following:
1. The truck was such a good deal that we could not pass it up
2. Ty is again truck-ful
3. The kids are excited. They all love trucks...especially Sylas who says, "Big Truck...Daddy" every time he catches a glimpse of it out the window or hears the engine roar at the turn of its key.
4. I have wanted a Dodge truck since I was 15, so I'm secretly stoked!

p.s. Don't judge us by the 10+" lift - Ty always makes fun of people with huge lift-kits. Now he has one. He's pretty embarrassed.

7 comments:

Mattie Rae said...

Well, I'll have to admit, it does look cooler than the free was I was trying to give you! And 10" lift isn't as embarrasing as blue smoke trailing behind you!

Higham Family said...

You are a true Idaho girl now! Nothin's as cool as riding around in your man's jacked up truck! Oh wait- hauling your kids in and out of it is even more cool. Seriously though- a guy's gotta have a truck for hunting- vans and camrys just won't cut it in the mountains. Good for Ty.

Sharlee said...

That's hilarious! I'm a bit jealous as we have to use our mini van as a truck. We once asked our neighbor if we could borrow his truck to haul some limbs that we cut off of our widow neighbor's tree and he just sat there and stared with his cheesy sunglasses covering his eyes so we had NO way of knowing what he was thinking. He never answered....I guess that was a no. So, we totally sympathize with Ty and his line of thinking. Borrowing a truck is out of the question. Mattie Rae's comment about trailing blue smoke made me laugh out loud. Congratulations Ty and Andrea on your new huge truck!

Amber said...

Mark has always had a truck since the day I met him. He just recently started driving my car to work to save gas (to the tune of $100 a month!). Because he works night and has for years now, I have been trying to get him to take the car. The only reason he finally agreed was after we bought a brand new car. I think he still hates driving it. He makes excuses and pretends his friends need to borrow large items so he can take the truck on occasion. Boys and trucks. I would say I just don't get it, but I kinda do. And I am glad we own one so we never have to borrow. Congrats on the shiny new truck!

Rindee said...

Hopefully Ty won't feel naked anymore. We can't have men feeling naked...

Christy said...

LOL!! I love your posts! I am glad Ty got his truck and you secretly did too!

Kimi Lou said...

So do you get to park that beauty in your front room while it is not in use? I know MY kids would love to sit in a high fancy seat like that to watch T.V.! There's even room to play games in the back! Perfect furniture!