Monday, June 16, 2008

A Summer-Lovin' Day


It is finally here!!! And yes, it warrants three exclamation points, although I don't think I have used that kind of punctuation since junior high. In all honesty I had given up hope of summer this year. I was actually in a bit of a summer-deficient depression, wondering if we'd even get to use our newly-installed central air conditioning unit this year. But all worries of year-long winter have now melted away, like that last bite of popsicle that falls to the dirt, despite your best efforts to coax it off the stick with lip, tooth and tongue. As of today we are officially wearing shorts (or capris), donning flip flops (don't kid yourself, I wear them year-round, but the girls are now allowed), eating "cream cones", running our AC, and devising ways to make dinner without turning on the oven. IT'S SUMMER! Is anyone else out there as excited as I?

P.S. I was going to compose a post dedicated to my one-in-a-million father for Father's Day, but my sister beat me to it and, quite frankly, let the wind out of my tiny sail by doing a much better job than I could ever do. Then I was DYING to concoct a composition about my recent reunion with the best girls in the world: my Ricks Riviera-mates, but I have to wait until they arrive home and send me copies of their pictures so that I know what I have to work with. :) Never fear though, readers. I WILL be long-windedly detailing our weekend together soon! Until then, my excitement for summer will have to suffice.

6 comments:

Marianne said...

I am very excited about summer too! That winter was rough- it was a hard winter to have a newborn (lets just say it didn't help with the whole baby blues). I was so excited when it was finally time to plant flowers in my yard. I'll have to get some pictures posted. I'm also very excited to put my new swim suit to use, and I can't wait to see my cute baby girl in a swim suit. Is there anything cuter than a chubby baby sporting a swim suit?

Amber said...

Yeah for ice cream cones. Oh and summer too!

Mattie Rae said...

Ah. I finally got to sit on the porch swing and read a book while the sun set last night. So pleasant and I picked strawberries and I didn't have to wear a sweatshirt and wool hat to do it! I love summer!

Sharlee said...

Yes! Summer. It's about time, isn't it? I was starting to get a little anxious stuck in this shoebox. It has been nice to wake up to blue skies these past few days. Although, I caught a nasty cold as soon as the weather turned warm and just want to sleep all day like I did when it was cold and rainy outside, so, I dunno.
I can't wait to hear about your reunion and see some pictures!

Emily said...

Excited for summer & excited to see your pictures & hear all about your weekend!

Christy said...

Again how I love reading your blog! You just crack me up with your eloquent speech! Yes, I am too excited about summer... wearing flip-flops and eating icecream cones... I even enjoy all the sun burns and the mounds of Aloe gel I use up! fun, fun.