Friday, October 22, 2010

Pionear (Shu)Woman



I know what you're thinking (unless you're not thinking about my blog, but that's just ridiculous):

"Did I somehow get redirected to Pioneer Woman's blog on my way to Andrea's?"

It must be confusing for you, what with all the tutorials, awesome photos, music videos, and now this: a recipe.

But it IS me, the author of Shumen and Shuwomen (by the way, have we ever discussed my aversion to that name? It is one of the banes of my existence, but I don't have the energy to figure out how to change it...or to come up with something clever with which to exchange it).

I just wanted to find a way to give back. Everyone's doing it (giving back), and you know how much I love to follow the crowd.

Really, I just need a new outlet for my excitement over this drink's deliciousness because I think Ty has had all he can take of my never-ending adoration of and enthusiasm for it. Every fall (because I forget about it during the summer, of course) for the past three years is a lot of time for one man to fake interest in his wife's passionate blathering about a beverage.

(Sometimes I feel a little sorry for the guy, and I REALLY try to dial down the weird. But it's hard for me. That's where this blog comes in...)

It is actually a summertime refreshment, but I don't care. I have lots of warm blankets.

So here it is. And if you've already heard of it, humor me. I don't get out much. Or at all.

Brazilian Lemonade (but it's really LIMEade, so I don't get it)
2 limes - wash well, cut off ends, and slice into 8 wedges
1/2 C sugar
3 TBSP sweetened condensed milk (you'll have to trust me here...it's going to be good)
3 C. water


Put everything in a blender. Pulse 5 times. Strain through a sieve. Serve over ice.
(easily serves 3, unless you like a BIG drink. I don't.)

That's it! Could it be any easier? No. It couldn't.

So turn up the thermostat and sip some by the fire. You'll like it. I promise.


(and you'll have that can of sweetened condensed milk already opened, so you'll HAVE to make fudge or caramel bars the next day. Darn it.)


*Photograph is of another recent culinary success: mummy pizzas. Doesn't get more gourmet than that, people.

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

Sounds divine. How would it taste without the sugar?

Amber said...

I leave blogging land for a few weeks and return to find you a changed man, ahem, woman. And you want to know what is sooo freakin hilarious. Those little mummy pizzas are not only what I am planning to make for our Halloween dinner, but also my scheduled recipe post over on Fab Frugal. I finished & scheduled my post about 2 hours ago & then decided to hop around on a few of my favorite blogs because I have essentially been ignoring blogging altogether as of late & I was missing it. What is the 1st thing I see: that we are so on the same wavelength it's scary. Or awesome.

Michelle said...

Interesting . . .I will have to try it as, YES it does appear to be EASY!

After everyone’s raving about the Pioneer Woman, I had to check it out. I am kind of irritated that the Pioneer Woman calls her husband the Marlboro Man - MY husband is the Marlboro Man (but he isn't a cowboy). Oh well, I guess she is more famous than I so she can have it. Grrr . . . .

Sawdust Girl said...

Hmmph, I don't have a sieve. I just bought some cheese cloth to strain homemade vanilla. If I used it on the "limeade" first would my vanilla taste Brazilian Lemonade? Where does one buy a sieve?