Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I will be living in my office until further notice - or until our houseguest leaves. Whichever comes first.

Today I painted my new office (which is just a corner of my closet).

All day.

No, wait.

The first half of the day I spent cutting out a stencil, leveling it 40,000 times, and tracing it with a silver colored pencil.

Then I painted. With a tiny brush.

Now my house feels dirty, my kids feel neglected, and my elbows, shoulders, and hands feel creaky. So, pretty much a regular day as far as all that goes, I guess.

It was not fun.

But I'm definitely doing it again soon (on a bedroom wall).

My husband thinks I torture myself with horrendously tedious projects on purpose, and I'm starting to think he has a point.

(but if he combed his hair different, it would hardly be noticeable - that's for you, Dad)

And one of these days I might take some pictures to show you,

but not tonight.

Tonight I'm tired.

And creaky, remember?

Creaky people can't take pictures.

3 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

I've been trying to get up the nerve to stencil on a wall (or walls), but it just seems like so much work. You have confirmed that for me and successfully persuaded me to not do. However, once I see pictures--I hope soon--I might be persuaded otherwise! Can't wait to see it!

Annette said...

Can't wait to see what you've done to your 'office'. We stenciled a couple of times in the old days in South Jordan, but it sounds like yours is much more difficult. Anytime you do a project eveything else is neglected I have found.

Sharlee said...

I can't wait to see it. You are awesome! When does the computer arrive?