Friday, September 23, 2011

Life Looks Different From 3'5"


Sylas loves watching Discovery shows with Ty.

And we are always amused at Sylas' interpretation of the subject matter.

Like, you know how the sun is a dead star?

Well, Sylas thought it was 'the Death Star'.

(Did I mention that Sylas has been preoccupied with Star Wars this past year?)

It must be such an odd and confusing world to a 4-year-old. Add to that world the Universe, and all sorts of bizarre things must seem possible! No wonder he's still afraid of the dark.

The other day they watched something about astronauts.

Sylas thought it was awesome, and had a deep conversation with his dad about it, at the end of which, Ty asked him, "So, do you think you would like to be an astronaut when you grow up?"

Sylas' reply?

"Nah. I just want to be a regular human being."

Makes me wonder what he thinks astronauts are.

Sometimes I would love to see things from his point of view.

But I'm still afraid of the dark, so it's probably best that I don't.


0 comments: