Monday, May 14, 2018

Crummy Chicken

I cleaned with all the windows open today because it was such a beautiful day.

And because I found a bowl of rotten beans in the fridge and was trying to air out the place.

Through the open window I heard Samera laugh and say, "Hey, you little nut job, you're just so stupid, aren't you?"

I quickly knocked on the window in a warning fashion and asked her who she was talking to.

"Just Chicky Nicky, Mom."

Chicky Nicky is the runt of the chickens.

Tamest chicken you've ever seen. The kids love her, and she loves them back

(if chicken love is demonstrated by staring blankly and not running away,
no matter what the kids do).

And, while it wasn't the nicest comment, and I won't endorse the use of it anywhere else,

I could not argue with it.

So I didn't.


*I can never see my kids' affection for chickens without thinking of The Smothers Brothers. Hence, the title of this post.

0 comments: